Dr. Frydman serves as a full-time Associate Professor of Clinical Dentistry in the Division of Restorative Sciences at the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC and also in the Division of Periodontology. Our esteemed doctor is dedicated to training residents to become experienced surgeons and helping dental students become periodontal specialists.
After completing his undergraduate work at UCLA, Dr. Frydman completed a specialty residency at the Advanced Periodontology Program at USC and has continued to be a valued member of the university’s faculty. He teaches continuing education courses in implant therapy as well as treatment planning. Additionally, he delivers national lectures that discuss implant disease and aggressive periodontitis.
Dr. Frydman is a proud diplomate as an Examiner for the American Board of Periodontology and the American Board of Periodontology. His publications and research focus on immunocompromised populations, periodontal disease, as well as implant therapy.
Dr. Frydman serves as:
- An ad hoc reviewer for many peer-reviewed scientific journals
- A peer reviewer for the Los Angeles Dental Society
- A reviewer for the California State Board
- Periodontics associated with Down syndrome
- Aggressive periodontics
- Implant dentistry
- Full-mouth reconstruction
- Surgical photography
- Advanced treatment planning
- Instructional and educational media
- Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
- Recipient, Fund for Innovative Undergraduate Teaching Grant at USC (for dental podcasting)
- Subject Matter Expert in Periodontics, Dental Board of California
- Associate Professor of Clinical Dentistry, Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry
In addition to all of his education and expertise, Dr. Frydman is also fluent in Spanish and Hebrew. In his spare time, he’s a technology buff and an avid photographer.